Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Browne Lake Fishing Trip 1962

Memories of Karl as told by GWP:


Karl L. Probst - Browne Lake 1962

In 1962 Dad (Karl), Harold Hullinger (my father-in-law), and I took a fishing trip to Browne Lake. Browne Lake is north of Vernal, UT, on the eastern end of the Uinta Mountains, north slope near Flaming Gorge.

Karl would have been 65 years old in 1962. We went out to the Uintas specifically for this fishing trip and stayed in Harold Hullinger's camper.

The fish are Native Cutthroat fish, and each weighed between 2 and 3 pounds. We caught many fish that day. I don't remember what the limit was, but we kept only the larger fish.

Dad (Karl) always wore bib overalls. I still have his old hat and fishing license. In fact, I've used his old hat for years and have added some more of my home-tied flies to it.


Glen W. Probst - Browne Lake 1962

No comments:

Post a Comment